LFG is the private investment business and family office of the Lowy Family Group with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. LFG is a global direct investment business with a long-term focus on listed equities, real estate and technology. We collaborate with a select number of external firms to augment our direct investment activities. The Principals of LFG are Sir Frank Lowy, David Lowy, Peter Lowy and Steven Lowy. Senior management include David Fuchs (Chief Investment Officer) and John Fanning (Chief Financial Officer).
In 1960 Sir Frank Lowy co-founded the Westfield Group which the Lowy Family managed and built into one of the world’s leading shopping centre companies with assets under management of c.$64b in 2014, when it was split into Scentre Group (Westfield branded shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand) and Westfield Corporation (iconic international shopping centres including in London, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles). LFG was the largest shareholder of Westfield until it was sold to Unibail-Rodamco, Europe’s largest listed commercial property company, for c.$23b in June 2018. LFG continues to hold substantial investments in Scentre Group and Unibail-Rodamco.
Members of the Lowy Family are and have been actively involved in several organizations including:
- Lowy Foundation: broad based charitable organization
- Lowy Institute: an independent international policy think tank
- Lowy Medical Research Institute: sponsor of medical research projects
- Art Gallery of NSW: leading Australian art museum and cultural institution
- Football Federation Australia: governing body of football (soccer) in Australia
- Institute for National Security Studies: an independent Israeli security research think tank
- Temora Aviation Museum: displays airworthy historical military aircraft as a dedication to Australian service personnel
- Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute: Australia’s leading heart research facility
Members of the Lowy Family are and have been actively involved at a board and advisory council level with many other organizations including the Reserve Bank of Australia, the Brookings Institution’s International Advisory Council, the Daily Mail and General Trust, the US Investment Advisory Council of the Department of Commerce, the Homeland Security Advisory Council (Los Angeles county), RAND Corporation and the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.